We have moved to a four-day week in the past 18 months to allow a bit more flexibility with down time.
- Our vets work a four-day week from Monday-Friday
- General weekday opening-hours for the practice are 8am-6pm at our main hospital (Ooralea) and 8-6.30pm at North Mackay
- All of our vets are rotated through both practices which helps for case continuity and to maintain team cohesion.
- Weekend clinics are run at Ooralea (Saturday and Sunday, morning and evening) and North Mackay (Saturday morning only)
- After-hours is provided by the practice for weeknights and over the weekend
- After-hours roster is shared between vets and generally equivalates to 1 full weekend and 1 Saturday morning shift every 5 weeks, and one weeknight per week